It feels like forever and a day since I’ve popped a review up on my blog! I’d like to get into publishing some short and snappy product thought posts, and talk about some products that are maybe a little more familiar than some of the beauty items I’ve talked about in the past. Mainly because as well as sharing interesting, unknown products with you all that you may have well not discovered yet, I also think its great to read reviews about those products that we see advertised again and again but are never really sure whether we should take the plunge and buy. It’s not so much of a big issue with those items that we can pick up on the high street or in the drug store for a couple of pounds and they don’t live up to our expectations, but when you’re sinking £30 into a foundation or moisturiser you want that little extra confidence that your investment is going to be exactly that, and not a tragic waste of money. (Believe me, I’ve been there with a bottle of Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and it scarred me for life!).
So today I want to share with you a few of my thoughts about another skin coverage product, that being the IT Cosmetics CC+ Colour Correcting Full Coverage Cream.
I first tried this as a sample tube I’d managed to bag in a Selfridges store last summer and FELL IN LOVE. It was a hot and sunny weekend and the hubby and I were down in London attending a festival in Hyde Park, so not only was I excited to try my new highly raved about sample but also wanted something that was going to even out my complexion without suffocating my skin in the heat. I loved it from the moment I applied it and knew I had to have more in my life!
So now you briefly know how this love affair began, what actually is CC+? Well, just from taking a look at the front of the packaging three major features stand out.
- It’s a full coverage, colour correcting cream (foundation if you like).
- It contains broad spectrum SPF factor 50 sunscreen.
- It acts as a hydrating, anti-gaining serum.
And I love it’s tag-line – ‘Your Skin But Better’. To me that indicates that this product will help you achieve a natural finish whilst embracing the skin you already have. More of that please! If you dig down a little deeper, CC+ also claims to offer benefits of seven products in one, inclusive of the above as well as a primer, day cream, and concealer. So effectively if you don’t have time or forget to go through of your morning skin care steps, CC+ has you covered!
I’ve been using this product for a few months now, and currently have two different shades on my dressing table that I can mix to create the perfect customer shade depending on how much of a tan I have. It has become my most regularly used complexion coverage product and has even taken the place of my highly favoured No.7 full coverage foundation which is saying something! I think the reason’s why I am such a fan are…
- It’s fool-proof to apply. Whether using a buffing brush or a Beauty Blender an even coverage can be achieved every time with minimal effort.
- My skin looks so natural and evenly balanced colour wise without looking like I’ve got a tone of make up on. I personally don’t think it’s super full coverage as I have some dark scarring that still shows through, but there’s certainly more than enough to cover any redness and even out the complexion.
- SPF! I cannot tell you how much I love that this is my sun protection and complexion coverage in one! There’s no having to remember to apply sunscreen before I head out the door as I know this has me covered, and the SPF level of 50 itself is a lot higher that other CC reams and foundations I’ve tried. Two birds, one stone!
- It wears well. I do find that it wears better when lightly powdered but then this is true of pretty much all my foundations and CC creams. There’s no creasing or settling into fine line, and because I’m a fan of buffing it in, it almost becomes a second skin. I wouldn’t say you could go 10 hours without touching it up, but it works well for me during the work day and still looks good when I walk back through the door.
Is there anything I would change about this cream? Probably not! The only downside if there had to be one is that it retails for £30 so is not the cheapest complexion product on the market. But for me the fact that it contains a high level of SPF alongside a number of skin loving ingredients makes it worth the money and is the reason I have happily purchased and continue to use two shades. IT Cosmetics is also a cruelty free cosmetics company which is something I do try to look for in my beauty purchases.
So I hope this has given you a little more of an insight into a product that you may have seen but not yet experienced! As always I’d love to hear from anyone who has thoughts on this particular products, or even something that you think sounds quite similar.