Hello again my loves!
I’m super excited to have been nominated by Charlotte over at MultiBendyBeauty to take part in the Liebster Award tag, where we get the chance to share 11 facts about ourselves, and ask 11 more bloggers questions of our own. If you haven’t read Charlotte’s Liebster Award tag post you can find it here. It’s definitely worth a read!
So, the rules…
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you and share their blog.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that you have been asked.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blogs you like and would like to send some love out to.
- Ask 11 questions that you would like your nominees to answer.
- Inform your nominees that you’ve nominated them!
11 Facts About Me….
- I ADORE cheese. Melted cheese to be precise. If it got cheese in it, or on it, it goes in my mouth.
- I have a five-year old son named Freddie (or Freddie Jack if he’s being a little bugger!). He is the light of my life, my weakness, and the sweetest soul I know.
- I love to piggle things. Nail polish, dried glue, paint and anything I can spend a good half hour picking at. It’s a bad habit but I find it strangely therapeutic!
- My husband and I met when we were children and never knew it. Our mum’s had shops a few doors down from each other and saw each other from time to time when we were with them. Even as a teenager I dated one of his friends but we never actually met! I like to think that the stars have aligned and we were meant to be.
- My favourite flowers are lilies, and even though they are considered funeral flowers, white lilies in particular always have a home on my dining room table.
- I was involved in a bus crash with an arctic lorry when I was around 5 or 6. Thankfully there were no fatalities, just a lot of shuck up and scratched school children.
- I consume more tea than I probably should. I can’t function in the morning without a cuppa, it’s the very first thing I do when I get up (I’ve got a cup on the go as I’m writing this of course!) and I find that no matter the time of day or situation, a cup of tea always makes things right in the world.
- Children can never pronounce my name. I’ve collected a few variations over the years such as Weeze, Weezie (that was the cute name my cousins used to give me), Aweeze and Wilaweeze. The last one is actually the name of my personal Instagram profile, Wilaweeze88, feel free to pop on over and say hi!
- I HATE daddy-long-legs. Spiders are bad enough, but spiders that can fly? Nope. They’re unpredictable and have no sense of personal space which is just rude in my opinion.
- I’ve met the dark side of anxiety and depression. This experience edged me into seeing a cognitive therapist and I have been doing so for almost a year now. It is hands down the best thing I have ever done, not only for my anxiety, but also for understanding and learning about myself in general. If you’ve thought about seeking this sort of help, I can only say go for it! It’s nothing to be ashamed of and is very powerful stuff.
- I love pets with human names. My friend used to have a dog called Bonnie, which for some reason ended up with the nick name Carol, and I found this to be the most hilarious thing on earth! I also used to have five fish all named Colin as I couldn’t tell them apart, and if you too appreciate animals with human names, you need to go check out Jude River’s Blog Insta account. She has the cutest dog named Nigel, and it genuinely makes me smile every time she posts a picture of him.
What’s your favourite word and why? (Provide a definition of the word if it’s a weird one). – Boom Shakalaka. According to the Urban Dictionary it means ‘To express a feeling of joy and dominance, while at the same time trying to show to the world who you are and where you stand in the society. Or ‘Another way to say, “Who’s your daddy?!?”‘.
Have you ever had a nickname? If so then what was it? – Following on from my facts, Wilaweeze has probably been the most commonly used one. One of the girls at work calls me Wind in the Wilaweeze as one day she made me jump and I accidentally passed wind. Embarrassing? Yes. But this is a safe space right and I don’t mind being honest.
If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? – Easy peasy! lasagna. Going back to the whole cheese thing.
If you had the opportunity to create one lipstick to represent you, what colour would it be and what would you name it? – I love a good rosy, pinky nude I’m not going to lie. And the name?…… Petal Perfect.
Have you ever dyed your hair? If so, how often and what colour(s)? – Yes, Yes and yes! I’ve been brunette, brunette with a big flash of red in the front, and am currently blonde.
What’s your most used emoji? – Probably the laughing crying face. That one gets used a lot.
Favourite Disney movie? – I like an old school Disney film, and my all time favourite would have to be The Little Mermaid. It’s got it all. Romance, drama and a happy ending. A real emotional rollercoaster right there.
If you were on a desert island, and you could only bring one thing what would it be and why? – A lighter. So I could light a camp fire and send out smoke signals in the hope of being rescued.
If a crystal ball could tell you anything about your future, what would you want to know? – If I will have any more children.
Pineapple on pizza? Yes or no? – Hell yea!
What is your biggest pet peeve? – People leaving lights on when they’re not in the room. I can often be heard bellowing ‘it’s like Blackpool illuminations up here!’ in our house as apparently the men in my life have no concept of what a light switch is.
This has been so much fun! The bloggers I would like to nominate for this tag are…
- Metal & Charmed Life
- Jude Rivers
- Beth B Beauty
- Beauty Wren
- Honest Georgie Girl
- A Brash Attitude
- A Simple Spirit
- Pieces of Ashley
- The Vanity Edit
- The Every Rose
- Honestly Holly
And the questions I ask to all of you are…
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- Are you a cat person or dog person?
- What is your very favourite single make up item and why?
- What would be your dream job if you’re not doing it already?!
- Where is your favourite place on the planet? It could be a country, a place or even somewhere you’d like to visit.
- I’ve outed myself with an embarrassing moment, what’s one of yours?
- What was it that encouraged you to start blogging?
- What is your favourite song?
- How many homes have you lived in?
- If you could bring one famous person back from the dead, who would it be?
- If you were going out for the evening and could only wear one piece of make up, which would you choose, lipstick or mascara?
Apologies to anyone who has already been nominated. If you have, please leave the link to your own Liebster Award post in the comments! To anyone I haven’t tagged, please feel free to join in and leave me your answers below. This is such a fun way to learn more about the person behind the screen. Please be sure to go and check out my fellow bloggers, and if you enjoyed my post please don’t forget to give it a little like, I’ll be ever so grateful! As for now…